• Three in ten (28%) Canadians ‘strongly agree’ that ‘their math and money management skills will help them plan for a secure financial future, leaving most (72%) Canadians not fully confident (Ipsos Reid for ABC Life Literacy Canada)
  • Nearly 50% of Canadians struggle with simple tasks involving math and numbers. (ABC Life Literacy Canada)
  • 51% of Canadians had a budget and that those with higher levels of education were more likely to have a budget. Thirty-one percent of Canadians were struggling to meet their bills and payments. (Taskforce on Financial Literacy)
  • Four in ten (38%) Canadians say that they aren’t putting any money away on a monthly basis for long-term savings. Furthermore, four in ten (38%) Canadians say their household doesn’t follow a budget. Of the six in ten (62%) that do, just 12% always stay within budget, while 77%usually do, 10% rarely stay in budget and 1% never do. (Ipsos Reid for ABC Life Literacy Canada)

FOUNDING PARTNERS

Community Partners

Leadership Partners

“The Saskatchewan Financial Literacy Network is the largest network in Canada, and has the largest number of members from the business community. It is a strong, collaborative network that is well-positioned to advance financial literacy in Saskatchewan."  

Jane Rooney, Canada’s Financial Literacy Leader